Getting to know the laurels of the Bashir Dawood
The turbulent times
The world is filled with elements that tend to disturb the balance of the universe and bring sufferings in their vicinity. One of such issues was faced during the early 2000s in Pakistan. With the crippling economic situation, natural disasters, threats of terrorism, and many other factors, people were suffering a lot. Even some had to resort to fleeing from their nation. Added to that is the issue of growing illness amongst the children. Seeing this, some Samaritans like bashir dawood stepped in. Read on to learn more about him.
Understanding the foundation
Under such growing diseases within the children, a foundation under the name of SickKids was founded. Having its roots in Canada in 1875, the organization has been working ever since with the primary purpose of eradicating illness amongst the growing youth of the globe. It is philanthropy funded by many individuals, who understand the plight of the children. One of the generous ones amongst them is Dawood Foundation, led by bashir dawood and Mariyam Dawood.
The organization aims at supporting the research and development for the building of health facilities that support the children from both aspects- physically and mentally. Optimal care is generated for these destitute at an affordable price, something that is highly required to enhance the reach amongst the people.
Breaking the shackles
Dawood Foundation has already donated substantially to SickKids Foundation for the upliftment of this section of the world. Some of the activities covered under it include the following:
- Notable funding in healthcare and education, as both Bashir and Mariyam have prior experience in the field and hence have hands-on experience in dealing with such sensitive matters.
- Alignment of technology with the goals of the foundation, so that the best can be offered to the children and the mortality can be reduced to as minimal as possible.
- Funding the innovation in the medical field and accelerating the development activities under such projects. This is highly necessary for creating breakthrough technology for the market and introducing them at the right time to save lives.
- Breaking the boundaries of transition of knowledge into tangible medicines that can be used for the treatment, and pushing the bars to continuously work for the kids.
- Setup of labs and research facilities at the necessary locations, and allocating funds through the Dawood foundation to spearhead the research, and bring breakthroughs in the field of medicines.
Thus, there has been no speckle of doubt in the efforts led by the family on solving the global issue. These activities have led to the development of the foundation over years and have metamorphosed the technology into the way that is visible in today’s time.
All in one, such philanthropic activities need to be encouraged to give wings to innovation.